Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My New Favorite Neighbor

Not much real progress on the Beetle to report as I've been out of town, but yesterday I was working from home and my dear wife had just left when saw this Beetle being towed past our house, followed by a VW Bus that we know parks around the corner. She thought it was in crappy condition like my Beetle so she called me and I rode my bike over and talked to the guy as he pushed it into his garage.

Turns out the Beetle is in great condition, just customized to look awesome. The car was also the main character in this 8-minute film, which was entered in the 2009 48-Hour Film Project, an annual St. Louis event where teams of filmmakers are challenged to write, shoot, and edit a film in 48 hours or less.

I don't know if I enjoyed the film so much because it's great, or because I'd just met the Beetle and its owner. I'm pretty sure it's great. Not suitable for children -- look out for a few f-bombs.

Double-click to view larger:

No comments:

Post a Comment